I’ve moved to another server, and in the process I’ve had a whole lot of problems. For anyone that’s read any of my blog before that won’t come as a surprise.
Once I’ve got all the kinks worked out, I’ll tell you how I fixed it. For now, this is just a test…
I took an Amazon AWS t1.micro instance for a spin the other day. A free server is not to be sniffed at. Of course I installed Ubuntu 12.04 on it.
I was getting a lot of locale errors, things like this:
perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
perl: warning: Please check that your locale settings:
LANGUAGE = (unset),
LC_ALL = (unset),
LC_MESSAGES = "en_GB.UTF-8",
LC_COLLATE = "en_GB.UTF-8",
LC_CTYPE = "en_GB.UTF-8",
LANG = "en_US.UTF-8"
are supported and installed on your system.
I thought this would just go away by itself, but it didn’t – so I had to fix it. Note: I’m in the UK, so I’m using en_GB as my locale, change yours to en_US or whatever.
sudo locale-gen en_GB.UTF-8
sudo dpkg-reconfigure locales
And you should be all set.